PREVENTION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PILLAR for a lifetime HEALTHY MOUTH!
Your children get an important good start when a good cleaning method is taught and maintained. In addition, a risk assessment is made.
We make this customized prevention plan according to a national step-by-step plan: just cavity free step-by-step plan.
RECENT RESEARCH IN A GROUP OF CHILDREN OF 6-9 YEARS SHOWS THAT THE ‘JUST GAVE STEPS PLAN’ WILL ENSURE 70% LESS CAVITIES.
What does such a step-by-step plan mean?
- We color the mouth with a liquid that indicates where too much plaque is.
- Together (with parents up to 10 years old is preferred) we look at where the places are.
- Are there any cavities present or are some cavities emerging?
- The brushing lesson is adjusted at the places where there is plaque and where there are (starting) cavities.
- A special teeth form is filled in by the dental hygienist on which your child can concentrate better and advice is given regarding behavior, fluoride or eating habits.
Usually this treatment takes 30-45 minutes.
In this step-by-step plan, a risk assessment is made based on the number of points you score in the presence of: plaque, caries and habits. That determines whether your child has a high risk of getting cavities or a low risk. This risk assessment tells us afterwards when it is wise to see your child again.
In addition, until 18 years the treatments at the dental hygienist are fully reimbursed from the basic package from health care insurance in the Netherlands.
We love to see you in our practice! To make an appointment you can call us daily from 9:00 to 17:00 at 070-2135700 or send us an email at: [email protected]